Here is some great information from our friends at Neel, Robinson & Stafford.
It is going to be a busy election year both locally and nationally. Read on for some tips in exercising your right to vote.
November will be an exciting month for our country! We will exercise our right to elect a new President of the United States and many other important officeholders. Make sure you are registered to vote and that you take the opportunity to do so. Here is pertinent information to make sure you can exercise your right to vote.
- The Georgia Secretary of State registers voters and oversees elections. On their website, www.sos.ga.gov , you can: locate your voting location, register to vote, obtain key election dates, identify early voting locations and see sample ballots.
- To vote in the Presidential Election on November 8, 2016, you must be registered by October 11, 2016
- Georgia law requires Georgia residents to show photo ID when voting in person. You may show a driver’s license (even if expired) , government employee ID, US passport, Military ID, Tribal ID, free ID card issued at any county registrar’s office or Driver Services (DDS) office or certain College Student ID.
- If you vote early there are numerous locations in your county in which you can vote. Early voting for the Presidential Election begins October 17, 2016. A list of locations and the hours/days (Saturday hours are available at some locations) for voting at those locations is available on the Georgia Secretary of State website listed above. If you vote on election day, you must vote at the location designated as your polling place; again, you can find your designated polling place on the Georgia Secretary of State website. The hours to vote on election day are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Military and Overseas Voting for Georgia residents is available. They may choose to receive their ballots by mail or electronically but all ballots must be returned by mail.
- Absentee voting is also an option. You may obtain an application for Absentee Ballot at the Georgia Secretary of State website. Absentee ballots will be mailed as early as September 20, 2016.
Neel, Robinson & Stafford, LLC – Locations
Glenridge – Glenridge Highlands | 5555 Glenridge Connector, Suite 400 | Atlanta,GA 30342
Gwinnett – 3005 Breckinridge Blvd, Suite 200 | Duluth,GA 30096
Buckhead – 3060 Peachtree St, Suite 200 | Atlanta,GA 30305
Alpharetta – 500 Colonial Pkwy. – Mansell Overlook, Suite 675 | Roswell,GA 30076
West Cobb – 2414 Dallas Hwy – Building 100, Suite 300 | Marietta,GA 30064
Copyright ©2016 Neel, Robinson & Stafford, LLC, All rights reserved.
Contact Janet Weidmann with the WOW Team to learn about the real estate in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Suwanee and your immediate neighborhood. Reach out to The WOW Team with any questions you may have on Georgia Real Estate.
Link here to find out the real value of your home.