Things are Happening in Roswell
Riverwalk Village an ecologically focused development has been haled as the most up and coming pedestrian friendly community in Atlanta! I am thrilled to hear this development will incorporate the existing river park along Riverside Rd to residential homes, offices, schools, shops, hotel & restaurants and greenspace all within an easy on/off of HWY 400 and Holcomb Bridge Rd. I am even more excited to hear the bike paths and pedestrian trails will eventually link with the Big Creek greenway with a proposed tunnel under Holcomb Bridge Rd. Finally, Atlanta will rival other cities with a coherent plan for alternative bike paths and greenspace within a beautifully planned community!
What about traffic? With an early off ramp you will be home ~ less traffic on Holcomb Bridge Rd., easier commute and potentially with more Class A office space in Riverwalk Village means more options for working in the immediate proximity of your home!
Should existing homeowners
with the larger lots be concerned for future resale?
I would say, ‘not to worry!!’ There will always be buyers who want privacy, larger home lots w/ mature trees and the traditional home. Although the housing trends are pointing to more communities like Riverwalk Village, homeowners must also recognize that in these newer communities you will be experiencing a more urban lifestyle with closer proximity to neighbors and less privacy. Recognize that there are all sort of buyer profiles and land is a finite entity. Those of us on larger pieces of property will always have a unique value proposition. Dirt prices continue to rise and Buyers will always be weighing their options between the various community options.
If you haven’t Really Seen Roswell lately, Get Out and Explore all it has to offer!
Take a stroll down Canton Street and experience the magic of bistros, art galleries, boutiques, and fine dining. Walk up the small side streets for other great finds ~ Roswell is known for it’s many restaurants and small town cultural events alike. Here is a short list of places & events you might like to explore. Things are Happening in Roswell ~ Enjoy!!
- As of July 1st – A new golf cart ordinance takes effect. Citizens will be allowed to drive PTV (personal transport vehicles) on any public street with posted speed limits of 25 mph.
- Historic Roswell – Enjoy the “Southern Trilogy” in downtown Roswell. Visit three of Atlanta’s most beautiful homes, all within walking distance of each other. Go back in time and experience how some of Roswell’s founding families lived in days gone by. ~ see http://www.roswellgov.com/index.aspx?NID=217
- Riverside Sounds Concert Series – This concert series at Riverside Park goes through October on the 1st Saturday of each month! Food trucks will provide refreshments.
River Whyless Performs July 11 – Roswell’s Riverside Sounds concert series continues with experimental folk-rock band River Whyless on Saturday, July 11, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Food trucks—including Meatballerz, WheelyGrilly, and a snow cone vendor—will be on location starting at 6:00 p.m.
~ see www.roswellgov.com/RiversideSounds
- Alive After 5 – Festivities are alive every 3rd Thursday from April to October. Come out to enjoy live music, free trolley rides, face painting, extended retail hours, and much more in historic Roswell.
- Roswell Summer Puppet Series – Enjoy kids classics as a Billy Goats Gruff or The Princess and the Pea now through July 18th. http://www.roswellgov.com/puppetshows
- Chattahoochee Nature Center – Atlanta’s Nature Destination — Community events for all ages. Enjoy wildlife programs, hiking, environmental education, horticulture & more! http://chattnaturecenter.org/
Stay connected with The WOW Team & Watch for more updates
as things begin to develop around Roswell.
We will alert you to community meetings and more.