The Markets are Open!
In Alpharetta, Johns Creek and Roswell the Farmers’ Markets are now open and brimming with fresh produce and other products. After winter many of us are craving fresh fruits & vegetables and all the better that it is local. Most of these locations are open now through October.
In and around our neighborhoods, local farmers are busy preparing their produce to bring to the markets this weekend. Many of these vendors have been delivering produce to the market for years.
Some markets are open on Saturday and some open Saturday and Sunday. At the market you will find farmers with fruits, vegetables and natural meats, gardeners with fresh flowers and herbs, and makers of all sorts of edible home goods from yummy desserts and breads to local raw honey and homemade sauces, jellies, soaps and much more.
Follow these links for a few of the local markets:
- Alpharetta – http://alpharettafarmersmarket.com/
- Johns Creek – http://www.johnscreekga.gov/community/events/farmersmarket
- Roswell – http://roswellfam.com/
- Marietta – http://www.marietta.com/marietta-square-farmers-market
- Milton – http://farmtablemarket.com/fresh-market-in-milton-ga/
You may also want to visit some of these websites and locations:
- Roswell Farmers Market – Not to be confused with the weekend market, this is GA’s First 100% GMO Free Grocer and Organic Café! They specialize in Local, Organic, Biodynamic produce, meats, seafood, and dairy. The store is located on Founder’s Square in Roswell.
- Local Harvest – This is a terrific website with multiple links to “Real Food, Real Farmers, Real Community.”
Shop all the local farmers in Georgia by the types of vegetables & products they produce.
> Sample for Alpharetta – http://www.localharvest.org/alpharetta-ga
Enjoy supporting these local businesses at the various markets and happy/healthy eating.
The Markets are open to the public. Admission is free. Parking is available in and around each location.