The WOW Team and Keller Williams First Atlanta (KWFA) ~ The Benefits
- KWFA, The Rawls Group, has hired a statistician to study the quarterly statistics in our Atlanta Market.
- Quarterly stats come out 4 times a year.
Here are the Hi-Lights of the most recent 2014 Quarterly Stats (3rd quarter stats will be released early in November)
KWFA continues to outperform the market ~ because of this we ARE a direct reflection of “what’s happening in the Atlanta market.” (see graph #1)
- KWFA has 21% market share while the other top players trail with 5-8% market share
- Market Sales are Down – 1.2% but basically flat from this same period in 2013
- It is interesting to note that single family housing sales reflect a -4% over last year, but Attached housing had stronger sales than same period in 2013
- It is also a result of homeowners electing NOT to sell because they don’t know where to move (inventory remains low in the highly sought after school districts) or they are opting to stay put as a more conservative approach to their post recession lifestyle
- Inventory of housing stock is above the 6 month mark (see graph #2)
- 6-7 months of inventory is considered a balanced market
- The last time we saw 6 months of inventory was June 2012
- Increased inventory is a sign of confidence with Buyers & Seller. Homeowners are finally digging their way out of being under water.
How Does this Affect You?
- With higher inventory there is more competition in selling . . . We are no longer a “Sellers Market for many market areas … consult with the WOW Team regarding your specific are
- The median sales price is nearly back to 2007 ~ however, this is because there are fewer distressed homes on the market, fewer investors and more luxury homes sales. (see graph #3)
- School districts continue to drive sales ~ if you are in a highly sought after school district your home will experience higher than average sales price and less time on market
The Supply / Demand relationship is still a Seller’s Advantage with distressed properties (if you can find them!) . . . Quick action and serious offers are required when high-value properties are found. Expect multiple offers.
- Strategies for Sellers: Maximize selling price and minimize market time by choosing an initial listing price that represents a high value compared to competing listings!
- Strategies for Buyers: Don’t low ball offers on High-Value Properties
Our Best Always,
Janet Weidmann & The WOW Team!
For more information on North Fulton and its communities contact Janet Weidmann of the WOW Team.
Visit the WOW Team website to begin a Home Search or link and find the true “Market Value” of your home.